District Readiness Tool: ExpandED Schools
This tool was designed for school districts, cities and intermediaries to assess their readiness to implement the core elements of ExpandED Schools:
1) more time for a balanced, hands-on curriculum;
2) strong school-community partnership;
3) personalized and engaging instruction; and
4) a sustainable cost model.
We have identified four key areas of readiness to evaluate prior to implementing the ExpandED Schools core elements:
- Capacity and partnerships
- Data Systems
This tool can help systems explore their readiness in each of these areas by considering a series of indicators. The number of indicators the system has in place in order to determine whether or not it is ready to implement the ExpandED School core elements.